THE RAILWAY WORKER . COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Share Your Career Experiences.

3 posters

Go down

Share Your Career Experiences. Empty Share Your Career Experiences.

Post by Administrator Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:33 am

Please Share:

Administrator
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share Your Career Experiences. Empty Re: Share Your Career Experiences.

Post by Attero6767 Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:01 am

My names Joe Amour and I have been on the railway 10 years this month.
I have grades from PTS AC to PICOP. My background over the years has been in possession management and FTN networking.
I have been at one serious accident which took place at Uffton Nervet and that opened to my eyes to incidents not only by us but also members of the public and made me aware of my potential to try and improve our environments.
My advice, although I really do not need to put this forward is check your paperwork over and over until you are fully satisfied that you and all parties will be safe.....I feel that contractors get pushed to get jobs done and take all responsibilities and I have had a few occassions where line blockages had been presented that did not cover the works content.....If I am brutal I blame these generic packs created by ON-TRAC aswell as ssow planners not checking them.
My targets are to obtain as much knowledge as I can and I am in the process of wrapping up my Assessors qualification and then moving on to Internal Verifier and NEBOSH to be what I call a "preventer" of potential incidents.
Outside of the works environment I intend to study Psychology and human foibles so to you kind people I would love to hear your backgrounds and any factors you want to put forward so I can understand where we stand in the railway industry.

Attero6767

Back to top Go down

Post by goodwin777 Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:03 am

hi. Im callum and 18 years old. I am very intrested on a career on the railway and hope to be a crane driver and eventually a teacher. I am currently in training but feel ready to take my PTS and TIC. is there any good training centres in the midlands people could reccomend me...

thanks cal

goodwin777

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum